Our Lady of La Salette’s Urgent Appeal to Humanity


On the 19th of September, 1846, the Most Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to two illiterate peasant children on the Mountain of La Salette, France, with an urgent message for the universal Church and the world to pray, repent and love God.

I make an urgent appeal to the earth. I call on the true disciples of the living God who reigns in Heaven; I call on the true followers of Christ made man, the only true Savior of men; I call on my children, the true faithful, those who have given themselves to me so that I may lead them to my divine Son, those whom I carry in my arms, so to speak, those who have lived on my spirit. Finally, I call on the Apostles of the Last Days, the faithful disciples of Jesus Christ who have lived in scorn for the world and for themselves, in poverty and in humility, in scorn and in silence, in prayer and in mortification, in chastity and in union with God, in suffering and unknown to the world. It is time they came out and filled the world with light. Go and reveal yourselves to be my cherished children. I am at your side and within you, provided that your faith is the light which shines upon you in these unhappy days.  May your zeal make you famished for the glory and the honor of Jesus Christ. Fight, children of light, you, the few who can see. For now is the time of all times, the end of all ends— Our Lady of La Salette [Source]
______________________________________

Prayer to Our Lady of La Salette

Remember, dear Lady of La Salette, true Mother of Sorrows, the tears which you shed on Calvary. Be mindful of the unceasing care which you exercise to shield us from the justice of God. Inspired by this, I cast myself at your feet. Reject not my prayer, O Virgin of reconciliation. Convert me, and obtain for me the grace to love Christ above all things so that one day I may join you in eternal Beatitude. Amen.

Comments