Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Novena for Marriage and Families 2017 | Day 6

Nativity of the Virgin Mary

September 4, 2017

Saint John Paul II wrote at length about the family in 1994, when the Church celebrated the 'Year of the Family.' He said, "The civilization of love is possible; it is not a utopia. But it is only possible by a constant and ready reference to the "Father from whom all fatherhood on earth is named", from whom every human family comes." Today, we pray that all families may grow to be ever more Christ-centered, and recognize that all things good are truly gifts from God, our Father.

Nativity of the Virgin Mary Novena for Marriage and Families - Day 6

Say the following three times:

Jesus, I trust in You. Please grant through Your mother’s intercession that I may always bring Your hope into my family.

Then say:

O holy Mother, St. Joachim and St. Anne were delighted to love and care for so holy a child. Pray for me today that the feast of your birth may give great joy to my soul that I may show greater charity to my parents and grandparents in word, prayer and deed.

Dearest Mother, please pray for me and for these my intentions…

(State your intentions)

Hail Mary…

Impart to your servants, we pray, O Lord, the gift of heavenly grace, that the feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin may bring deeper peace to those for whom the birth of her Son was the dawning of salvation. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who reigns with you and with the Holy Spirit, forever. Amen.

Comments