Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Novena for Marriage and Families 2017 | Day 8

Nativity of the Virgin Mary

September 6, 2017

Today, we again remember marriages and families who are struggling. Pope Francis once said, "Jesus' attitude is striking: we do not hear the words of scorn, we do not hear the words of condemnation, but only words of love, of mercy..." Let us pray for spouses to emulate this in their marriages and in their families. We pray also for the widowed, single parents, and all those hurt by divorce.

Nativity of the Virgin Mary Novena for Marriage and Families - Day 8

Say the following three times:

Jesus, I trust in You. Please grant through Your mother’s intercession that I may always bring Your hope into my family.

Then say:

Heavenly Mother, your birth gave great joy to all the world because it signaled the coming of Jesus Christ, who would save the whole world by His life, death and resurrection. Pray for me today that the feast of your birth may give great joy to my soul that I may be exceedingly patient with my family and loved ones.

Dearest Mother, please pray for me and for these my intentions…

(State your intentions)

Hail Mary…

Impart to your servants, we pray, O Lord, the gift of heavenly grace, that the feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin may bring deeper peace to those for whom the birth of her Son was the dawning of salvation. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who reigns with you and with the Holy Spirit, forever. Amen.

Comments