The Twelve Promises of Christ to Those Who Honor His Sacred Heart

The Sacred Heart of Jesus
Pope Benedict XVI speaking of the solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus said: "In biblical language, 'heart' indicates the centre of the person where his sentiments and intentions dwell. In the Heart of the Redeemer we adore God's love for humanity, his will for universal salvation, his infinite mercy. Practising devotion to the Sacred Heart of Christ therefore means adoring that Heart which, after having loved us to the end, was pierced by a spear and from high on the Cross poured out blood and water, an inexhaustible source of new life" (Benedict XVI, Angelus, June 5, 2005).

Christ's heart longs for us to know how much he loves us, and the extent of his endless care for his children who, blinded by selfishness and sin, are oblivious to the boundless love of their Creator. The Sacred Heart of Jesus is the source of Divine Mercy through the Passion, Death and Resurrection of Christ.

Jesus made 12 promises to those who would honor His Sacred Heart:

  1. I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.

  2. I will give peace in their families and will unite families that are divided.

  3. I will console them in all their troubles.

  4. I will be their refuge during life and above all in death.

  5. I will bestow the blessings of Heaven on all their enterprises.

  6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.

  7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.

  8. Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection.

  9. I will bless those places wherein the image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored and will imprint My love on the hearts of those who would wear this image on their person. I will also destroy in them all disordered movements.

  10. I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to my Divine Heart the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.

  11. Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart, never to be effaced.

  12. I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence: they will not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their Sacraments. My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
To receive these promises one must:

  • Receive Communion Frequently

  • Go to Confession and receive the Eucharist on the first Friday of each month, for nine consecutive months. (If it isn’t offered at your parish, you can go to Confession & offer your prayers for the Holy Father’s intentions).

  • Celebrate the Feast of the Sacred Heart.

For more on the Sacred Heart of Jesus and his 12 promises go here.

Comments