The Curé d'Ars on the Glorious Duty of Man

Saint John Vianney

Saint John Marie Baptiste Vianney, the Curé d’Ars, was a 19th century French priest confessor, mystic and the patron saint of priests. His preaching was so powerful that the faithful traveled from far and wide to hear his homilies. The following quotation comes from a larger discourse on prayer and contemplation.
This is the glorious duty of man: to pray and to love. If you pray and love, that is where a man's happiness lies. 
― St. John Vianney
___________________________

Prayer of St. John Vianney

I love You, O my God, and my only desire is to love You until the last breath of my life. I love You, O my infinitely lovable God, and I would rather die loving You, than live without loving You. I love You, Lord and the only grace I ask is to love You eternally. My God, if my tongue cannot say in every moment that I love You, I want my heart to repeat it to You as often as I draw breath. Amen.

Comments