Prayer for the Advent Wreath Week Four

Advent

The lighting of the Advent candles symbolizes the hope that the coming Messiah represents in a world that very often seems dark, forbidding and hopeless. We do so because we are a people living in faith that our Divine Master will come again in glory at the end of time to dispense peace and justice. The joyous anticipation of the season of Advent is captured in the teachings of the prophets from the Old Testament: "Exult greatly, O daughter Zion! Shout for joy, O daughter Jerusalem! Behold: your king is coming to you, a just savior is he…" (Zechariah 9:9)

Advent Wreath Prayer - Fourth Week

By Msgr. Bernard Bourgeois

Heavenly Father, today I light the final candle of the Advent wreath. All four candles are now lit. As I sit back and see all the candles burning, I am reminded that your time is nigh. Prepare my heart, Lord, for the great feast that next week will bring. I don’t know if I am ready, Lord, but I know I am anxious to reignite our relationship. With you, Lord, I will be complete and filled with joy. I know I cannot make this earthly journey without you. So let me remove the obstacles that hold me back Lord that you may rush into my heart and soul. Through Christ our Lord. Amen
________________________________________

Collect Prayer Fourth Sunday of Advent

Pour forth, we beseech you, O Lord, your grace into our hearts, that we, to whom the Incarnation of Christ your Son was made known by the message of an Angel, may by his Passion and Cross be brought to the glory of his Resurrection. Who lives and reigns, together with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

***

Lord, our God, we praise You for Your Son, Jesus Christ, for He is Emmanuel, the Hope of all people. He is the Wisdom that teaches and guides us. He is the Savior of all. May He come quickly and not delay. We ask this in His holy name. Amen.

Comments