Christ the King Novena 2017 | Day 2

Christ the King of the Universe

November 18, 2017

The feast of Christ the King was created by Pope Pius XI in order to help the faithful remember that allegiance to Jesus Christ is above any other allegiance whether to the government, a cause or an ideology. Today, let us pray that we may always be loyal to, and a devoted disciple of, Our Lord, the King of kings.

Christ the King Novena Prayer - Day 2

Christ, our Savior and our King, renew in me allegiance to Your Kingship.

I pray for the grace to obey You before any civic authority.

O Prince of Peace, may Your reign be complete in my life and in the life of the world. Christ, my King, please answer these petitions if they be in accordance with Your Holy Will…

[Mention your intentions here]

As I reflect on Your second, glorious coming and the judgment of all mankind, I beg You to show me mercy and give me the grace to become a great saint. I pray that not only will I spend eternity with You but that You may use me – a sinner – to bring others into Your Kingdom for Your glory.

Christ the King, Your Kingdom come. Amen.

Almighty ever-living God, whose will is to restore all things in Your beloved Son, the King of the universe, grant, we pray, that the whole creation, set free from slavery, may render Your majesty service and ceaselessly proclaim Your praise. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns together with You, and in the unity of the Holy Spirit one God all powerful and loving, forever. Amen.

Sign up to receive daily email reminders to pray the Christ the King Novena.

Comments