Bl. Charles de Foucauld on Priestly Evangelization

Blessed Charles de Foucauld

Blessed Charles de Foucauld desired to be a disciple of Jesus by witnessing to God's great love for all people and "proclaiming the Gospel with his whole life." Fr. Foucauld understood his call to be that of following Jesus of Nazareth. His priesthood was a life of prayer, pious adoration, poverty and radical humility.
The evangelisation that I am called to live is not through the word but through the presence of the Blessed Sacrament, the offering of the sacrifice of the Mass. It is through prayer and penance and the practice of the Gospel virtues... fraternal and universal love, sharing even my last mouthful of bread with every poor person, with every visitor, every stranger, and welcoming each person as a beloved brother or sister.
— Bl. Charles de Foucauld
____________________________________

Prayer of Abandonment by Bl. Charles de Foucauld 

Father, I abandon myself into your hands; do with me what you will. Whatever you may do, I thank you: I am ready for all, I accept all. Let only your will be done in me, and in all your creatures - I wish no more than this, O Lord. Into your hands I commend my soul: I offer it to you with all the love of my heart, for I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself, to surrender myself into your hands without reserve, and with boundless confidence, for you are my Father. Amen.

Comments