Prayers to St. Peregrine for Cancer Patients & Others

Saint Peregrine

Afflicted with cancer, Peregrine turned to God. His faith was rewarded and he was miraculously cured, enabling him over many years to lead others to Christ. As the patron of cancer patients, his intercession is often sought by those suffering from a variety of illnesses for strength, hope and healing. His feast day is May 1st.

Prayer to St. Peregrine for Healing

O God, who gave to St. Peregrine an Angel for his companion, the Mother of God for his teacher, and Jesus as the Physician of his malady, grant we beseech You through his merits that we may on earth intensely love our Holy Angel, the blessed Virgin Mary, and our Saviour Jesus Christ. Grant that we may receive the favour of a complete recovery from our present malady for which we now pray. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.

(Say 7 Our Fathers, 7 Hail Marys & 7 Glory be to the Fathers with the invocation "St. Peregrine, pray for us.")


Prayer to St. Peregrine for Oneself

St. Peregrine, whom Holy Mother Church has declared Patron of those suffering from Cancer, I confidently turn to you for help in my present sickness. I beg your kind intercession. Ask God to relieve me of this sickness, if it be his Holy Will. Plead with the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of Sorrows, whom you loved so tenderly and in union with whom you have suffered the pains of Cancer, that she may help me with her powerful prayers and loving consolation.

But if it should be God’s Holy Will that I bear this sickness, obtain for me courage and strength to accept these trails from the loving hand of God with patience and resignation, because he knows what is best for the salvation of my soul. St. Peregrine, be my friend and patron. Help me imitate you in accepting suffering, and to unite myself with Jesus Crucified and the Mother of Sorrows, as you did. I offer my pains to God with all the love of my heart, for his glory and the salvation of souls, especially my own. Amen.


Prayer to St. Peregrine for Others

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called "The Mighty," "The Wonder-Worker," because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you. For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you. (Recite the names of those who are sick for whom you are praying.) Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and boundless mercy. Amen.

Comments