Prayers to Jesus Christ Crucified

The Crucifixion of Christ

Prayer to Our Crucified Lord

Lord Jesus, I thank You, who laid down Your life for me so meekly. You bore the nails so patiently, You were raised upon the cross so mercilessly, You hung there so painfully, You wept so bitterly, You cried aloud piercingly, You shed Your blood plentifully, and for me, a sinner, You suffered death unquestionably.

Now, Lord Jesus, I commend myself to Your love, to the power of Your passion, to the depths of Your endless mercy. Jesus Christ, in Your immeasurable pity, keep alive within me the memory of Your bitter death, of Your holy wounds, so that in sickness and in health, I may remember always Your abounding mercy. Amen.

___________________________________________________

Prayer in Homage to Christ's Passion and Death

Jesus, my God, I adore You, present in the Blessed Sacrament of the altar, where You wait day and night to be our comfort while we await Your unveiled presence in Heaven. Jesus Christ, who for my sake has deigned to subject Yourself to the humiliation of temptation, to the perfidy and defection of friends, to the scorn of Your enemies, I adore You. Jesus, my God, who for us endured Your Passion, the scourging, the crowning with thorns, and the weight of the cross, I adore You.

Jesus, my God, who, for my salvation and that of mankind, was cruelly nailed to the cross and hung there for three long hours in bitter agony, I am Yours. Amen.

Comments