Saint John Vianney Novena 2016 | Day 9

St. John Vianney

August 12, 2016

Saint John Vianney dedicated his priesthood to rooting out and defeating sin. He preached of God's mercy and dispensed it in the confessional. He longed for the conversion of all souls to Christ. May we turn our hearts to God with joy, knowing that He loves us completely and desires only what is good for us.

Novena Prayer, Day Nine:

St. John Vianney, you never let an opportunity to enlighten people and save souls pass you by. Through your efforts, many people have experienced moral and spiritual renewal.

Pray that God grant me the same zeal to make His love known to all my neighbors, so that all of us may learn to despise all forms of sin. Let all my actions reveal an awakened love of God by through my interactions with my fellow men.

Believing in the power of your kind intercession, I humbly ask you to pray for me and the special intention I am hoping God will grant me through this novena. (here mention your special intention)
St. John Vianney, Priest of Ars, pray for our priests, and pray for us. Amen.

Prayer in Honor of St. John Vianney

Almighty and merciful God, who made the Priest Saint John Vianney wonderful in his pastoral zeal, grant, we pray, that through his intercession and example we may in charity win brothers and sisters for Christ and attain with them eternal glory. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Click for novena reminders by email and more about St. John Vianney.

Comments