Saint John Vianney Novena 2016 | Day 4

St. John Vianney

August 7, 2016

Saint John Vianney set out to save souls by confronting sin and spiritual lethargy wherever it was found. Soon the effects of his preaching and tireless promotion of the sacrament of penance became so renowned that people traveled great distances just to have him hear their confessions. His bishop requested that Vianney forego retreats in order to continue saving souls. May we be as single-minded in our determination to love God and others, even if it requires sacrifice.

Novena Prayer, Day Four:

Saint John Vianney, when you saw social ills and sin in your parish, you sparked moral and spiritual renewal through your homilies and work in the confessional. Your unrelenting efforts to win back souls to God’s grace has caused many to repent. By your soft words you were able to convert many sinners like me.

Pray for me that God may bless me with the same outrage for sin and for me to have the compassion for sinners that you did. Let me choose my words carefully, lest I cause injury to my brothers. Inspire me to regularly seek reconciliation with our Heavenly Father through the worthy reception of the sacraments,

Believing in the power of your kind intercession, I humbly ask you to pray for me and the special intention I am hoping God will grant me through this novena. (here mention your special intention)

St. John Vianney, Priest of Ars, pray for our priests, and pray for us. Amen.

Prayer in Honor of St. John Vianney

Almighty and merciful God, who made the Priest Saint John Vianney wonderful in his pastoral zeal, grant, we pray, that through his intercession and example we may in charity win brothers and sisters for Christ and attain with them eternal glory. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Click for novena reminders by email and more about St. John Vianney.

Comments