Saint John Vianney Novena 2016 | Day 2

St. John Vianney

August 5, 2016

Saint John Vianney was an extremely selfless priest who prayed and worked unceasingly for his parishioners' conversions. He listened to confessions up to 16 hours each day during summer. His homilies on the mercy and love of God were so powerful, it is said that upon hearing his words sinners were converted.

Novena Prayer, Day Two:

Saint John Vianney, you dedicated your life towards saving souls for the greater glory of God. You were even blessed with an almost supernatural ability to obtain what you needed to help our less fortunate brothers and sisters in Christ. You freely gave of yourself in imitation of the life of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Teach me also to see God in each person around me, and especially in those who have wronged me. Help me to see service to my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ as a responsibility that I should joyfully and willingly fulfill to gain a chance to live with you, with our Lord, and all the saints for all eternity.

Believing in the power of your kind intercession, I humbly ask you to pray for me and the special intention I am hoping God will grant me through this novena...

(Mention your intention here)

St. John Vianney, Priest of Ars, pray for our priests, and pray for us. Amen.

Prayer in Honor of St. John Vianney

Almighty and merciful God, who made the Priest Saint John Vianney wonderful in his pastoral zeal, grant, we pray, that through his intercession and example we may in charity win brothers and sisters for Christ and attain with them eternal glory. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Click for novena reminders by email and more about St. John Vianney.

Comments