Novena to Saint Maria Goretti | 2016 | Day 6

St. Maria Goretti

July 2, 2016

Maria was born to a poor farming family in Italy. She was one of six children. Her father died when she was only 9 years old. After his death, Maria had to begin taking care of the rest of the children in the family while her mother worked. Maria also had to cook and clean for their neighbors. Alessandro, her attacker, was her neighbor's son.

In spite of having to take care of the children, cook and clean for her family and neighbors, it's said that she did all of this joyfully and with faith that God would provide.

Today we pray that St. Maria will intercede for us to have faith and to live a holy life.

Day 6 - The St. Maria Goretti Novena

O St. Maria Goretti, beautiful model of living a holy, everyday life, pray for me. I often feel as though my life must be extraordinary if I am to be a saint, but you show me another way. You show me that I can be a saint if I love our Lord with all my heart, and if I serve my family and put them before me. Please pray that I may be selfless as you were, and that I can learn to deny my own desires so that I can fulfill our Lord’s will.

Please pray also for (mention your intentions here).

Amen.

O God, author of innocence and chastity, who bestowed the grace of martyrdom on your handmaid, the Virgin Saint Maria Goretti, in her youth, grant, we pray, through her intercession, that, as you gave her a crown for her steadfastness, so we, too, may be firm in obeying your commandments. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Go to PrayMoreNovenas.com for more.

Comments