Prayer Seeking the Intercession of St. Isidore

St. Isidore the Farme

Prayer Seeking the Intercession of St. Isidore

O God, who taught Adam the simple art of tilling the soil, and who through Jesus Christ, the true vine, revealed yourself as the spouse of our souls, we pray through the merits of Saint Isidore to instill into our hearts a horror of sin and a love of prayer, so that working the soil in the sweat of our brow we may enjoy eternal happiness in heaven. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Prayer of Farmers

Heavenly Father, King of the Universe, you are the sole source of abundance. With your help I plant my crops and by your power they give forth a harvest.

Grant me the grace always to work with all my strength and ingenuity in cultivating the soil so that it will bring forth fruits for my benefits and the benefit of all who will use them. Make me ever cognizant that without my part in the work of harnessing the goods of the earth, these particular goods would be lacking to my brothers and sisters in this world.

Enable me at the same time to realize that without your part in this process I would be working in vain. Accept my thanks for your continuous help in the past and your never-failing assistance in the future. Amen.

Comments