The Novena to St. Thérèse of Lisieux Begins September 22, 2015

The Novena to St. Thérèse of Lisieux begins on September 22nd, leading up to her feast day October 1st.

Also known as St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus (or simply, "The Little Flower"), she is a doctor of the Church. Pope Pius X called her the "greatest saint of modern times." Beloved by many who seek her help, she is a powerful intercessor.

Many have a special devotion to St. Thérèse. Praying her novena can build that devotion and deepen one's knowledge of, and love for, this saint.

Click here to sign up for daily reminders to pray the St. Thérèse Novena.

If you say the novena, you will pray with more than 212,000 people around the world.

The Imagine Sisters are a congregation promoting the religious life. They conduct an annual outreach called the One Rose Invitation. From their website:
The One Rose Invitation is an annual initiative to invite young women to consider the call to consecrated life as a religious sister. It was inspired by St. Thérèse of Lisieux, the patron saint of Imagine Sisters, who said, "After my death I will let fall a shower of roses."
Do you know a young woman you think would make a great sister? Let her know by giving her a single red rose on October 1st. The rose is a symbol of the invitation to consider religious life, and an affirmation of the beauty of that young woman’s soul.
Tell her that you respect her as a Catholic woman and that you think she would make a great sister if God called her. Encourage her, just don’t pressure her –because no matter what, that also means she would make a great wife and mother, as that’s what a sister is: a bride of Jesus Christ and spiritual mother to the world.
St. Thérèse promised to send a shower of roses after her death, and she has done so with countless miracles. Through the One Rose Invitation, we are confident that God will send a new shower of vocations to women’s religious life.
Please consider praying for the Imagine Sisters and vocations to the consecrated life, for an increase in religious sisters and nuns, as you say this novena.

+++
Novena Prayers

Dearest Saint Thérèse of Lisieux, you said that you would spend your time in heaven doing good on earth.

Your trust in God was complete. Pray that He may increase my trust in His goodness and mercy as I ask for the following petitions…

(State your intentions)

Pray for me that I, like you, may have great and innocent confidence in the loving promises of our God. Pray that I may live my life in union with God’s plan for me, and one day see the Face of God whom you loved so deeply.

Saint Thérèse, you were faithful to God up until the moment of your death. Pray for me that I may be faithful to our loving God. May my life bring peace and love to the world through faithful endurance in love for God our savior.

+++

St. Thérèse Novena DAY ONE

Loving God, you blessed St. Thérèse with a capacity for a great love. Help me to believe in your unconditional love for each of your children, especially for me.

I love you, Lord. Help me to love you more!

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory Be…

+++

St. Thérèse Novena DAY TWO

Loving God, you loved St. Thérèse’s complete trust in your care. Help me to rely on your providential care in each circumstance of my life, especially the most difficult and stressful.

I trust you, Lord. Help me to trust you more!
I love you, Lord. Help me to love you more!

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory Be…

+++

St. Thérèse Novena DAY THREE

Loving God, you gave St. Thérèse the ability to see You in the ordinary routine of each day. Help me to be aware of your presence in the everyday events of my life.

I see you, Lord. Help me to see you more!
I trust you, Lord. Help me to trust you more!
I love you, Lord. Help me to love you more!

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory Be…

To pray the novena in full go here.

Comments

Thank you for spreading the word!