The 15 Promises of Mary to Those Who Faithfully Pray the Rosary


A tradition held by the Order of Preachers (also known as Dominicans) holds that through Saint Dominic and Alan de Rupe, the Blessed Virgin Mary made fifteen specific promises to Christians who faithfully pray the rosary. They range from protection from misfortune to meriting a high degree of glory in heaven.

The fifteen promises fall under the category of "private revelation", and as such are a pious tradition, which a person is free, but not obligated, to practice.

The fifteen promises:

1. Whoever faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, will receive signal graces.

2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all who recite the rosary.

3. The rosary is a powerful armor against hell that destroys vice, decreases sin, and defeats heresies.

4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the heart of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.

5. The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the rosary will not perish.

6. Whoever recites the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, will never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.

7. Whoever has a true devotion for the rosary will not die without the sacraments of the Church.

8. Those who are faithful to recite the rosary will have, during their life and at their death, the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they will participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.

9. I will deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.

10. The faithful children of the rosary will merit a high degree of glory in heaven.

11. You will obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the rosary.

12. All those who propagate the holy rosary will be aided by me in their necessities.

13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the rosary will have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.

14. All who recite the rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only son Jesus Christ.

15. Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.

Comments

Unknown said…

PRAISING THE LORD BETWEEN POTS AND PANS

Worshipping You between pots and pans
keeps me out of spiritual drowsiness
and while I’m doing my kitchen dance
I ask You to overlook my busyness

I’m hurrying up to come to You
to reside in Godly Adoration
I’m jumping like a kangaroo
for there is no capitulation

My busy bee, just keep talking
“cleaning” your cups and dishes
sounds like melodious rocking
come, tell Me all your wishes

While doing boring house chores
I’m thinking of Your dear Mother
I picture Her cleaning the floors
while little Jesus tries to totter

My child, even while being very busy
keep your soul in quiet adoration
your words and thoughts are very fizzy
I compare it to an exceptional oration

I love You so much, my Lord and My God
All my needs You’ve allowed and foreseen
You the eternal Just, keep me in Your squad
for I often have to walk on a trampoline

Lord let me never go astray,
from your prodigious way
Rita Biesemans, January 16 2015
written for the busy housewife
Unknown said…
PRAYING THE ROSARY

When I pray the Rosary
to Jesus and His Mother, Mary
I think of all the happy histories
when I pray the “joyful” mysteries

I join her suffering and tears
and go with her thru the fears
of seeing her Son in agonizing pain
the “sorrowful" broke her heart in twain

But Heaven is always victorious
Mary’s life ended very “glorious”
back to the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit
the title of “Heavenly Queen” She did inherit

Each time I pray my Rosaries
I’m collecting precious groceries 
white, red, yellow roses bouquets
using my heart and soul as their displays

Mary, my Heavenly Mother keep us safely under Your Mantle.

Rita Biesemans, January 8 2015