Ten Quotations From Saint Josephine Bakhita

Saint Josephine Bakhita
O Lord, if I could fly to my people and tell them of your Goodness at the top of my voice: oh, how many souls would be won! 
***
I have given everything to my Master: He will take care of me… The best thing for us is not what we consider best, but what the Lord wants of us!
***
Seeing the sun, the moon and the stars, I said to myself, ‘Who could be the Master of these beautiful things?’ I felt a great desire to see him, to know him and to pay him homage.  
***
I received the Sacrament of Baptism with such joy that only angels could describe… 
***
If I were to meet the slave-traders who kidnapped me and even those who tortured me, I would kneel and kiss their hands, for if that did not happen, I would not be a Christian and Religious today…
***
The Lord has loved me so much: we must love everyone… we must be compassionate!
***
Mary protected me even before I knew her!
***
When a person loves another dearly, he desires strongly to be close to the other: therefore, why be afraid to die?
***
Death brings us to God!
***
Be good, love the Lord, pray for those who do not know Him. What a great grace it is to know God!

Comments