Last Words of Korean Martyr St. Andrew Kim Taegon

St. Andrew Kim Taegon

Saint Andrew Kim Taegon was the first native born Korean Catholic priest. For his life of heroic virtue in imitation of Christ, he suffered greatly. Imprisoned for his Catholicism, he was brutally tortured and condemned to death when he refused to renounce his faith. These are his last words:
This is my last hour of life, listen to me attentively: if I have held communication with foreigners, it has been for my religion and for my God. It is for Him that I die. My immortal life is on the point of beginning. Become Christians if you wish to be happy after death, because God has eternal chastisements in store for those who have refused to know Him.
St. Andrew Kim Taegon, pray for us, that we may be faithful as you were.

Comments