Novena to Saint Maria Goretti | 2016 | Day 3

St. Maria Goretti

June 29, 2016

Today we pray that St. Maria Goretti will intercede for us to forgive those who sin against us. When Maria lay dying in the hospital, these were her last words: "I forgive Alessandro Serenelli (her attacker) and I want him with me in heaven forever." St. Maria forgave the man who killed her. May we, likewise, forgive those who have wronged us.

Day 3 - The St. Maria Goretti Novena

O St. Maria Goretti, beautiful model of forgiveness, pray for me. Even at the age of 11, you did not withhold forgiveness from your attacker. You didn’t wish him unwell. On the contrary, you wanted Heaven for him. You loved him in that way. Pray for me that I, too, will be able to love my enemies like you did. Pray that I will want Heaven for them. Please pray that it will become easier and easier to forgive those who have hurt me and those who will hurt me. Please pray for my own healing from these past hurts so that I can move forward and offer forgiveness.

Please pray also for (mention your intentions here).

Amen.

O God, author of innocence and chastity, who bestowed the grace of martyrdom on your handmaid, the Virgin Saint Maria Goretti, in her youth, grant, we pray, through her intercession, that, as you gave her a crown for her steadfastness, so we, too, may be firm in obeying your commandments. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

Go to PrayMoreNovenas.com for more.

Comments